Why Study Accounting at Coe?
- Coe offers a wide range of mid- and upper-level accounting courses that are typically not offered by other private liberal arts colleges.
- All accounting courses are taught by accounting faculty with CPAs and practical experience in accounting.
- Coe offers two different majors in accounting – Public Accounting and Managerial Accounting.
- Coe’s Public Accounting major allows students to complete the 150 semester-hours of education most states require to sit for the CPA exam, and most students complete this major in 4 to 4½ years.
- The pass rate of Coe accounting students who take the CPA exam is higher than the national average.
Unique Opportunities Outside of Class
- As a mid-sized Midwestern city, Cedar Rapids is home to many organizations that provide internships in public and managerial accounting to Coe accounting students.
- Coe’s student Accounting Club is active, hosting alumni speakers, guest speakers from area businesses, and internship/job recruiters from the area.
- Students have opportunities to participate in unique experiences such as the Birkey Investment Fund course and the Spellman Scholars student-faculty research program.
Life After Coe
- Coe’s accounting majors have very high job placement rates, with most majors securing job offers midway through their senior year.
- An accounting degree from Coe provides students with the technical foundation for a range of entry- and mid-level management positions, or as a base to pursue graduate degrees in accounting, law, and finance.