Eleven courses are required to fulfill the biology major, which include:
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Organismal and Ecological Biology
- General Botany
- Experimental Human Physiology
- Principles of Structural Chemistry
- Principles of Chemical Reactivity
- Topics in Evolution or Organic Evolution
- Calculus I or Basic Statistics
- Three Elective Courses in Biology
Basic Physics I and II or General Physics I and II are strongly recommended.
Many students select course electives that will lead to a Collateral Major in Environmental Science or Molecular Biology. You may request additional information on these programs from the Office of Admission.