Mission & Goals
Consistent with the mission of the College, the Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) strives to provide an education of superior quality that aims at preparing students for the Board of Certification (BOC) examination and careers in athletic training following graduation. Through a liberal arts based education, we are committed to providing the didactic and clinical experiences necessary to develop well-rounded students who are clinically competent and independent-thinking health care professionals.
Goals & Objectives
- To recruit and select quality students for admission in the Athletic Training Education Program.
- To develop the attitude, professional conduct, and critical thinking abilities within each student so they may become successful athletic training professionals.
- To provide strong academic and clinical experiences so each student can develop mastery of the educational competencies and clinical proficiencies required for entry-level athletic training professionals.
- To prepare each student to successfully pass the Board of Certification (BOC) examination.
- To utilize current literature and research during academic and clinical instruction.
- To promote student participation in the state, district and national athletic training associations.
- To continually evaluate the Athletic Training Education Program to ensure that it's meeting these goals/objectives.