Who are we?
Coe College, a highly selective private liberal arts college, offers superior academics and exciting co-curricular activities in a thriving urban setting that promotes student growth and success. Established in 1851, Coe has a national reputation for academic excellence enhanced by a student-centered, highly supportive campus environment. With 1,400 students, Coe's attractive campus is located in the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a vibrant metropolitan area of 175,000 people in Iowa's Creative Corridor, providing a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities.
What is our pledge to creating and maintaining diversity?
Coe is committed to increasing the diversity of its campus community and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. If you have individual needs, concerns, or accommodation requests, please contact our Human Resources Director for a complete job description, and for assistance with requesting accommodations that may be helpful. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer.
Is there anything else I should know?
When making a hiring decision, Coe College will select the applicant who meets the required knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for success in each position, who displays the universal competencies required in every position on campus, and who successfully completes a criminal background review. Credential, driving, and credit background reviews may be required when in accordance with institutional policy.
Coe College Universal Competencies
- Ability to maintain positive relationships in a collaborative and diverse team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellent customer and/or student service.
- Demonstrated ethical and responsible decision making.
Position Information and Application Instructions
Coe College is seeking instructors in the Physical Education Department for the Fall Term 2015 to teach Substance Abuse, Fundamentals of Coaching, Motor Learning and Fundamentals of Exercise and Nutrition. We are also seeking an instructor in the Spring Term 2016 for Concepts of Individual Wellness. The applicant should have a minimum of a master's degree in Physical Education, Health or a related field. This is not a benefit eligible position and instructors will be compensated on a per-class basis. Applicants should send applications and vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Admission is seeking applications for a Transfer Admission Counselor, to begin as soon as possible. This position is responsible for fulfilling the transfer recruitment goals of the college by identifying, cultivating and maintaining relationships with prospective students, families, and stakeholders. This position will seek commitments of prospective transfer students in attending Coe College through the parameters defined by the Office of Admission.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in student personnel, counseling or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of transfer admission experience desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and electronic communication (text, email, social media).
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple prospective student connections and departmental responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to persuasively and authentically connect with prospective students and parents.
- Self-driven ambition and ability to work autonomously while maintaining collaborative atmosphere.
- Quantitative and critical thinking skills, including ability to analyze data to assess admission trends.
- An understanding of and passion for liberal arts education.
- Capability to excel under high-pressure circumstances while sustaining an enjoyable work environment.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to http://apply.interfolio.com/30068.
Coe College, a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (IIAC) is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Wrestling Coach. This individual will assist the Head Coach in all phases of a NCAA Division III Wrestling Program. This position is a ten month appointment beginning on July 1, 2015, and is eligible for an annual salary and organizational benefits.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recruitment of student-athletes on and off-campus, on mat coaching, practice planning, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, video editing with and other administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach. This position will also include supervising the Climbing gym and assisting with department wide responsibilities in the area of strength and conditioning.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Previous coaching experience is preferred.
- NSCA CSCS certification is preferred.
- Work harmoniously with coaches of all sports teams, athletic staff members, faculty members, and college administrators.
- Exhibit exemplary personal conduct and character traits.
- Serve as a role model for student-athletes.
For more information and to apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to http://apply.interfolio.com/29824.
Coe College is seeking applications for the position of Residence Life Area Coordinator. The Area Coordinator is a full-time live-in professional staff member in Residence Life. This position is responsible for creating an active and engaged atmosphere in the area of campus they oversee. Though the Area Coordinators are responsibility for multiple residential areas of campus, they assume a joint responsibility for the administration and quality of the Residence Life program. The Area Coordinator also serves as a front-line responder in campus emergency situations and will be required to work daytime, on call, and non-traditional hours
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education, student personnel, counseling, or a related field with residential life experience at the time of hire strongly preferred. Experience at a residential, liberal arts college desirable.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Strong computer skills, including spreadsheet/database and word processing.
For more information and to apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to http://apply.interfolio.com/29749. Applications received by June 12, 2015 will be given preference.